Several months back I made a list of some helpful writing tips. One’s that I use when I’m actually writing. Though I will admit, sometimes it is hard to follow them and I do get side tracked from time to time.
1. You don’t always need quiet to write, some people write better with distractions. I have music playing or the sound of my boyfriend playing a video game in the background.
2. Facebook and other forms of social media are great, but when you writing they become a distraction- So cut them off.
3. Don’t be afraid to ask for advice. At first I wasn’t scared to ask the opinion of other writers because I was unsure of what would happen. Now I realize that when you are stuck the best thing to do is ask your writing friends for advice.
4. Carry a notebook with you wherever you go. This way if you get inspiration you can write it down.
5. Don’t worry about editing in the beginning, just write, edit later.
6. If you have to write a character bio out for your characters to get a better feel for them. I did this and found out two of my characters have a dark past that I had never planned on them actually having, but it worked out.
7. Never be afraid that your ideas are not good enough. You can’t please everyone, write it as you want, not what everyone wants.
8. Join writing groups, they help.
9. If you have the same dream over and over again, about something that no one has wrote about, then write about it. This is a sign!
10. Writing is a fun way for you to reduce stress and get those little voices in your head to stop screaming so loud. So let them be heard, write their stories for the world.